Film can cannon problem Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » Film can cannon problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nikola
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 5, 2005 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a problem with the cannon because when I push the igniter nothing happens.I tried everything I could think but nothing helps! The lighter works
and I don't complete the circuit.I use the Binaca fuel. Please tell me whet to do????

Trevor (Hendrix00)
Username: Hendrix00

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, July 5, 2005 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Make sure of the connection of the 2 wires then press the igniter to see if it sparks. If it doesnt, move the wires around then try until it sparks. Make sure you dont leave the fuel in the film can too long before you put the film can on the base(not more than 2 seconds or so).

Simon Quellen Field (Sfield)
Username: Sfield

Post Number: 544
Posted on Tuesday, July 5, 2005 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Also make sure that you spray the Binaca from 2 inches away from the can.
Otherwise, you get too much fuel and not enough air, and nothing will happen.

Nikola Dulgiarov (Niki)
Username: Niki

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 6:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And you should spray only one dose and no more.

Dylan Gordon (Smartkid)
Username: Smartkid

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

howto test an igniter hold both wires and push da button you should feel somthing if the igniter works

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey simon iwas wondring if i could concentrate light from a lense onto a mirror and have a laser or will the light get bigger like an hour glass sorry if this confuses you

Post Number: 553
Posted on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can make a beam, but it won't be coherent like a laser.
If you don't need coherency, then you should be fine.

You will need two lenses. The first one makes the light into a cone,
and as you suspected, after the focus it will spread out again. The second
lens takes the cone and makes the light rays parallel again. If you place
it close to the focus, you make the narrow part of the cone parallel, and
the diameter of the beam is much smaller than the original, so you get
concentration.

If you have a large parabolic mirror with a long focal length instead of
the first lens, you can collimate the beam pretty well, so it doesn't
spread much.

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks

sjy (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 69.234.137.12
Posted on Thursday, December 1, 2005 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it all right if my igniter only has one end to it

Post Number: 793
Posted on Friday, December 2, 2005 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It needs two contacts.
The ones we sell have one wire, and one brass contact at the base.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration