Using a crystal instead of an oscilla... Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » Using a crystal instead of an oscillator? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous

Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The store i went to buy the parts for the AM transmitter circuit (Active Surplus) said they had never heard of a 1-mhz oscillator with four pins, so i bought one with two pins, which i am assuming is simply just a crystal. How exactly would i implement this into the circuit?

Simon Quellen Field (sfield)
Username: sfield

Post Number: 272
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Two pins is just a crystal.
A crystal oscillator has four pins, and is a circuit with an crystal to control
the frequency. Look up "crystal oscillator circuit" on Google.

mnado (Mnado)
Username: Mnado

Post Number: 126
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 2:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

try discecting a transmitter from an rc some rc's use crystal instead on an ocsillator but when you put a crystal into a circuit it then acts as an oscillator
try connecting the pos and neg pins of a transistor to an earphone jack then put the speaker to loud it then receives the signals coming from a transmitter so with different pairs of transistors you could now be able to make an rc receiver

mnado (Mnado)
Username: Mnado

Post Number: 127
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

simon why do they use crystal in oscillators?what does a stone do to a circuit?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration