Gallium Tricks!!! Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » Gallium Tricks!!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Justin (Commander_bob)
Username: Commander_bob

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have some gallium try this, it worked for me. Melt the gallium best you can and pour it in a plastic zip-lock bag. Take a cup of HOT water and set the jar in it just enough so the water does not fill it (like 1cm from the top) then take some que-tips (<--- is that how it's spelled?) and use it to wipe the sides. For me most of the gallium collected on the bottom and did not stick to the que-tip. (some did turning it gray) get at much out as you can and in to the bag. Once you have only the very stubbern gallium left, pour some bleach in and wipe it down. By now you should have a very clean vile and some gallium in a bag. Take a bottle of non-stick Pam spray (makes pans non-stick) and fill the vile. Make shure you get all of it. Pour the extra out and clean it so only a thin layer is left. Now take the gallium and freeze it into a long stick that will fit inside the jar. Put the empty jar in some hot water and let the gallium melt and fill it. Close the vile and have fun swishing it around.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration