Magnets N42 or N50 Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » Magnets N42 or N50 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Justin (Commander_bob)
Username: Commander_bob

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, February 4, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have some N42 Ni-Cu-Ni plated 3/4" and they levitate the graphite 1mm.
Would the small N50 magnets in your catalog levitate better? I would have bought yours but I got 12 of mine for $30 and yours are 4 for $17. I have my magnets stacked in a colum 2x2x3 with the faces up. Does stacking them make a difference because it did not realy seem to change.

Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James (Magnets)
Username: Magnets

Post Number: 131
Posted on Sunday, February 4, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Theoretically the N50 magnet Simon sells will make the PG levitate higher, although this is miniscule to the eye.

No, stacking them up does not levitate the PG any higher.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration