Laser Communication Project Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » Laser Communication Project « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Maxwell Grady (Mgiddy911)
Username: Mgiddy911

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do you disassemble the laser pointer so that u can solder to it's circuit board.
If I could do that it'd make things quite esaier, I am not sure how to connect my power supply to the laser otherwise, I know i'd have to aligator clip one end (positive or negative side of the circuit) to the spring that the batteries normally touch, but I am not sure where to connect the other end.
I have a DC powersupply that lugs into the wall w/ variable output from 1-12v, so i am going to use its 4.5v setting to power my laserpointer if possible.
Also,
Is it possible to just take an old pair of headphones and cut off the connector leaving some wire attached to it, then split the wire doens the middle since its really 2 wires there, and connect each side to the transformer. I took off the connector leaving some wire attached but it aooears that each wire is actually 2 wires thus there are really 4 wires there. I was not sure how to connect it to the transformer like this. Thanks for the help though, in advance

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration