Solar Cell - where to attach the wires? Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » Solar Cell - where to attach the wires? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stuart Hunter
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a bit confused, I bought the solar cell from Radio Shack, but I am really not cure where to attach the wires of the crystal earpiece to. Does one go anywhere on the silver contact running along the bottom of the cell and the other on one of the thin silver lines separating the cells vertically?

Simon Quellen Field (Sfield)
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can tell where the solar cell contacts are by using a voltmeter.
Place the cell in the light, and touch one lead of the meter to the
bottom contact, and touch the other lead to places on the top that you
think might be the top contact. When you see half a volt on the meter,
you have found the contacts.

There should have been information in the package from Radio Shack.

Or, you could buy one of our solar cells, and look at this picture.

tdkyo
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For Radioshack model 276-124 Silicon Solar Cell, refer to this page: http://support.radioshack.com/support_supplies/doc17/17162.htm
You can use light tape instead of solder if you don't have solder.

Shumaila Afzal
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 69.217.150.130
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi:

I am looking for a solar cell with 0.5 V open circuit voltage and and 0.1A short circuit current. The power supply for solar simulator is 150W. So please let me know if solar cell with these parameter is available on any radioshack

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration