Oscillators at radioshack anymore??????? Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » Oscillators at radioshack anymore??????? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David S
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i just tryed clicking on some links for the computer controlled transmitter and the page cant be found anymore. Simon can you fix this?

i dont think radioshack sells oscillators anymore so you might want to edit these links.

Simon Quellen Field (Sfield)
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Which links specifically?
I clicked on all the links on the Computer Controlled Transmitter
page, and they all seem to be working.

Did you get there from one of my web sites:
"http://scitoys.com"
or
"http://sci-toys.com"
or has someone made a copy of my site, without maintaining the links?

David S
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it is at "http://sci-toys.com"

and none of the "catalog" links at the top of the page work

david s
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ps- its under the Computer Controlled Transmitter page

David S
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i c you fixed it thanks
but now i have a problem building this project
i want to build the transmitter on the circut board but my radioshack does not sell that type of board anymore

so in the photo that is under the black n white drawing with the oscillator upside down with alligator clips on it can you show me where the led is attached(the photo has the following printed under it)

"The green alligator clip attaches to the antenna,"...

thanks

Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The LED is purely decorative, but if you want to add it, it goes
between pin 5 and pin 7 on the D sub connector. See the drawing
farther down the page.

David S
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok thanks

rob c
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just went to radio shack today, they told me they didn't carry 1Mhz oscillators and they couldn't even be special-ordered.

Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's why we offer it in our catalog on the web site.

justine aquino (Mnado)
Intermediate Member
Username: Mnado

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 6:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what does oscillate means?on and off?many choices?or a sardine like can that sends out morse code?cause i think the ones they use in christmas lights the one that turns on and off?

Username: Sfield

Post Number: 846
Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An oscillator is something that oscillates.
A pendulum is an oscillator.
So is a guitar string.

In electronics, an oscillator is something that oscillates
between two voltage levels. Frequently one of those voltages
is zero.

The Christmas light oscillator turns the lights on an off perhaps
once per second. The oscillator in the AM transmitter is a million
times faster than that.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration