Piezoelectric Earphone solar reciever Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » Piezoelectric Earphone solar reciever « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Abraham Sims (Ajsims)
Username: Ajsims

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Piezoelectric Earphone connected to a solar cell is working off and on. Some times it works and some times it does not. I know I read in another post about static electricity build up and a solution was to drop the earphone but this does not seem to work. Shorting the contacts seems to work some times. Does anyone know of a better solution? Would a resister across the connection help bleed this static off? Maybe I have a bad earphone or is this problem common?

Thanks for any help.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Theresa Simmons (Theresa)
Advanced Member
Username: Theresa

Post Number: 88
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try the resistor, it sounds like a good idea, and an easy thing to try.
Anything over 10,000 ohms should be fine.

You might also try insulating the leads, since the static usually comes
from touching them with your fingers.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration