How do I use the piezoelectric ingnit... Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » How do I use the piezoelectric ingnitor purchased from this site? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steven Dayton (Steved)
Username: Steved

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I purchased one of the piezoelectric ingnitors from the sci toys store but the all the directions for the film cannister cannon show ingnitors with two places to attach wires. This one has what looks like one wire (yes its multi strand). How do I use this kind?

Simon Quellen Field (Sfield)
Username: Sfield

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See the picture here.

The instructions for the film can cannon kit are here.

Steven Dayton (Steved)
Username: Steved

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a lot for the reply and info. My daughter and I have been working on a science project for school and we first tried to build the simple crystal radio with dismal results so we decided to build the Film Can Cannon and try out different fuels to see which would work. The Binaca really does do the best job. Anyway it is a great success. By the way the project is due tomorrow. Cutting close.

greg koz (Greg1118)
Advanced Member
Username: Greg1118

Post Number: 73
Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2006 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where are Brass wires obtainable from houshold items? I know that coat hanger wires work but they are hard to bend. Please help.

(Message edited by greg1118 on December 5, 2006)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration