AM transmitter Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » AM transmitter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alexander N Roberts (Whoo_mythbusters)
Username: Whoo_mythbusters

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have found a 1 MGZ crys. occilator on this site http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G8160&variation=&aitem=40&mitem=40.com it is rated for 5 volts and in the prodject you use 9 is there any resistance from the audio transformer that would keep the voltage low enough so this particular one could be used or is the one in your cataloge different. Also could i just put a resistor in series between the occilator and the transformer if what i said above is not correct.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Angus Chalmers (Fungus)
Intermediate Member
Username: Fungus

Post Number: 28
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The oscillators sold on this website are supposed to work with 5 volts as well but work fine with a 9 volt battery.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration