Film Can Spark. Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » Film Can Spark. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeremy S (Jer446)
Username: Jer446

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My friend and i like building projectiles out of anything in the house.. but the parents do not support our ingenuity, so its kind of hard to get some of the parts we need. Is there anything in the house i could use to make a spark that would be in the house, or something i could use from my electronics class? I have pretty much any component readily available to me, so I can use something from there. (Piezo?) If not, is there any other type of really cool projectile launcher that we could easily make, from something electronic or something in the house?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

justine aquino (Mnado)
Advanced Member
Username: Mnado

Post Number: 88
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes there is you could used a aluminum foil,..press it on the TV's screen with tape then tape a wire to the edge of the foil(or every where you want)get a smaller peice of wire curl it with the end part of the wire so it jumps to the other wirethen do the other processes,..i used this in the H-bomb project or how about using a VDG,or a battery connected in series with a coil then when you disconnect the wire it make a good spark(simon taught me)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration