Tiny tesla coil Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » Tiny tesla coil « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ixus (Ixus)
Username: Ixus

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, i decided to build tiny tesla coil with my friend. For the first time, we want to build a tesla coil with about 5cm sparks. I found many instructions how to build tesla coils. But the first thing is that i dont know which one to choose. I saw many builds and as i understand there are many variations of building them. Also my english is rather poor, so i think this is the best way to learn about it.
So the first thing i'm asking ...
1. Can someone tell me how do the tesla coils work? Please about all parts i would need for a TC with 5cm sparks. And it would be great if you could tell me what functions do those parts do.
2. Also i would be glad if you could draw the instructions for my TC.
3. What are the dangers and the risks by building it? And how can i protect myself from it. Because i saw pictures when there are lets say 20kV and the person touches the sparks with wet hand.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration