AM Transformer Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I am having trouble building one of the toys » AM Transformer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dayz
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 152.163.100.130
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, I'm having a problem building the AM Transformer. Before i built the transformer i connecte dall the parts using alligator clips and it worked. Now when i soldierd everything the sound doesnt want to be sent. I cant really identy the problem but i think its with the transformer. I think the oscilliltor is working because 1000 AM starts being all scrty and my TV also starts getting a bad picture when i turn it on so i think the oscillator is working. My wiring on the Transformer is opposte from yours. I think thats where the problem might be. I double checked your wiring and your blue is my green and my green is your blue. I connected them correctly, but the red and white may have been connected wrong. I think that if the other colors are opposite these might be opposite also. I hope you understand what i said and i hope you can help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dayz
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 205.188.116.133
Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

also btw im using the schematics from the "Advanced AM Transmitter" which includes the 2 LED's. I think the Yellow LED is whats messing this up

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration