Uses for Kryptonite Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I have this great idea for a Science Toy » Uses for Kryptonite « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Simon Quellen Field (Sfield)
Username: Sfield

Post Number: 1907
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This thread is where you can post your ideas about uses for the
new super glow-in-the-dark material Kryptonite.

See
"http://sci-toys.com/scitoys/scitoys/light/invisible/invisible.html#Kryptonite"
or
"http://sci-toys.com/scitoys/scitoys/light/invisible/luthorlabs.html"
if the material is new to you.

Theresa Simmons (Theresa)
Advanced Member
Username: Theresa

Post Number: 59
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You could paint your house numbers on the curb of the sidewalk
in front of your house with Kryptonite paint. That would make
your house easier to find when you have a party, or need to call
the fire department.

Or, since the material looks like yellow rocks (or powder) in the
daytime, you could paint a sign the same shade of yellow, then paint
a message on it with Kryptonite paint. Now your message only shows
up at night.

Rohan (Digital)
Username: Digital

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 4:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

we can use it as lipstick!
or may be in our shirt so that a car does not hit us from back while we are in the dark.
we could paint our bicycle with it so that it can amaze our friends.

JM82792 (Mr_)
Username: Mr_

Post Number: 125
Posted on Thursday, September 4, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow! This place is still going.
I was here when I was 12 now I'm 16 :-)
Even with tons of hobbies i still love the occasional experiment .
Kryptonite could have a ton of harmless prank uses hmm makes me wonder.
Now where can I buy it at an affordable price ???

(Message edited by Mr._ on September 4, 2008)

scott (Ichyc)
Username: Ichyc

Post Number: 201
Posted on Friday, September 5, 2008 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you could mix it with printing ink and silkscreen print something on shirts or any clothes, this would make a very interesting rave outfit for anyone into that stuff but I would like to have a shirt like that for MTB. (=

and I got the same question as JM!

scott (Ichyc)
Username: Ichyc

Post Number: 202
Posted on Friday, September 5, 2008 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Also you could mix it with glue and paint it on your light switches so you could find them easier and other objects you may want to find in the night like a TV remote,cellphone,Ect.

John Kondo (Smartypants)
Intermediate Member
Username: Smartypants

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, June 5, 2009 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

paint your car with this.
my uncle is crazy about glow-in-the-dark stuff. he found this stuff and he took some money from his so called "life savings for emergency only" <-- some piggy bank :-) and bought about two vials of kryptonite and i think he glued them to his computer.

Josh G (Josh_g)
Username: Josh_g

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, October 8, 2009 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Theresa - The house numbers idea is awesome! I'd love to do that.

I think it would be cool to paint a kite with it and then fly it at night...you know, call in a UFO sighting! LOL.

Josh
Wisconsin Auctions
Wisconsin's Auction Locator

sally smith (Smarty_pants)
Username: Smarty_pants

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

make flash lights with it, x-mas tree lights, stage lights, bike reflectors, green for stop lights, with a cover that comes down when it changes, fish tank lights movie theater lights, head lights hehe. This is so awesome, a great subject to talk about with your children as well as family fun. We had a great time talking about it and coming up with ideas as well as laughing about them.

Patrick (Firewire)
Username: Firewire

Post Number: 146
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 6:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You could paint the floor edges with it, so even with the lights out, you can make your way through your house. The stair's edges is also a good place to put glow-in-the-dark stuff, so again, even with the lights out you can safely (or atleast you can see the edges) go up and down the stair case.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration