Bread from plantain flour Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I want you to add a new chemical to your "Ingredients" book. » Bread from plantain flour « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nedo Osayande
Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sliced and dried unripe plantain is ground into flour to prepare a brownish pasty food called Elubo. I like to be able to apply yeast (and other ingredients) to the plaintain flour and bake "bread" from it. The challenge is that I want the colour to be white. What should I do?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

segun orolugbagbe
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to appreciate your effort on this development .
I want to suggest that you may blend the platain flour with wheat flour to give a composite mix.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration