Red 40 Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I want you to add a new chemical to your "Ingredients" book. » Red 40 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christina Piver (Allergymom)
Username: Allergymom

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've read over and over about the fact that people aren't allergic to red dyes. I'd like to disagree. My child forms blisters anywhere the dye touches including inside her mouth. If she eats a large amount she begins to wheeze. Her allergist has also told us that yes she is allergic to red dye 40 and we need to stay away from any red dyes and yellow ones as well.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

robin elise steen (Robinmary)
Username: Robinmary

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I too, am allergic and my hands break out in bumps, my throat gets sore and if I continue to consume red #40 (unknowingly), I develop bronchitis and a sinus infecton. This along with MSG creates sleeplessness. A friend's daughter ate a dessert containing maraschino cherries and actually went into convulsions. She was only 3 years old. It is in sooo many things. Even the medicines(i.e. sudafed, some cough syrups).This is a very dangerous coloring derived of tar/coal and has been banned in Europe for many years. Read all labels and if it's red, pink or orange and you can't confirm the ingrediants........steer clear.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration