Help need chemical Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I want you to add a new chemical to your "Ingredients" book. » Help need chemical « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

spaclqd (Spaclqd)
Username: Spaclqd

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, March 6, 2006 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok, i have spilled pvc cement in my tank, and i cant use a toxic or flamable agent to clean this pvc up, and i have no choice but to use a liquid to clean this pvc cement up,

the spill is in my tank at the bottom of the tank, about 1 foot in diameter, and i can poke at it and it seems really dry, i really need to liquify this spill so it can run thru my filters, this tank cannot be emptied,

what chemical can i use to liquify pvc cement and not be toxic to humans or animals, and not be flammable

Alexander N Roberts (Whoo_mythbusters)
Advanced Member
Username: Whoo_mythbusters

Post Number: 54
Posted on Monday, March 6, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good luch there bud....there probably would not be anything that is not toxic to animals or humans and not flamable .. one of the best bets would be rubbing alcohol or lighter fluid but both are toxic and flamable ...you will need some sourt of acid..a verry strong acid...what kind of tank is it a fish tank a gasoline tank, a kerosine tank...what is it made of plastic glass concrete..that might help a little bit

sanjay srivastav (Sanjay)
Username: Sanjay

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

can any one help me with the composition, how much pvc resin and Diop, stabilizer are to be mixed to make casting pvc labels

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration