Liquid oil chaber cell to use in kal... Science Toys | Science Blog | Log Out | Topics | Search
My Toys | Energy | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Scitoys Message Board » I want you to add a new chemical to your "Ingredients" book. » Liquid oil chaber cell to use in kaleidoscopes. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gloria Castilleja (Glory)
Username: Glory

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, August 8, 2005 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does any one know how to make liquid oil chamber cell that can be used in kaleidoscopes. I know how to make the kaleidoscope. However, I can not find the directions for making the liquid oil chamber. I have heard that mineral oil and silicone is used for making the liquid, but what are the measurements ?
Also what is the chamber made of ? Where can I find these supplies ? I appreciate any help that anyone can give me. This is a really great site !
Thanks. Glory
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Simon Quellen Field (Sfield)
Username: Sfield

Post Number: 610
Posted on Monday, August 8, 2005 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would expect normal clear mineral oil would work fine.
You can mix oils of different viscosities to get the thickness you like.
You can seal the plastic tubes by heat-welding them while they are immersed
in the oil, so you don't get bubbles.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
For those who have trouble spelling, the Google Toolbar (included in the Google Pack) can check and correct the spelling in your posts on this message board and others.

Renewable Energy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration